Here are a few pieces of information you need to know for your COVID-19 vaccination and post-vaccination.
What To Expect Today
This is what you can expect during your COVID-19 vaccination.
- Check In – You will provide your name and date of birth. No insurance information is required.
- Vaccination – When it’s your turn, you will be directed to a vaccination station and receive a shot in your upper arm.
- Observation – We will monitor you for any severe reactions, which are very rare. Please sit in the observation area for 15-30 minutes.
The fact sheets and Emergency Use Authorizations linked below provide more detailed information about the available vaccines.
- Pfizer: English – Español (Spanish) – عربي (Arabic) – 中文 (Chinese, Simplified) – Français (French) – Kreyòl Ayisyen (Haitian Creole) – 한국어 (Korean) – Português (Portuguese) – Русский (Russian) – Tagalog (Tagalog) – Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Moderna: English – Español (Spanish) – عربي (Arabic) – 中文 (Chinese) – Français (French) – Kreyòl Ayisyen (Haitian Creole) – 한국어 (Korean) – Português (Portuguese) – Русский (Russian) – Tagalog (Tagalog) – Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Johnson & Johnson: English – Español (Spanish)
Before You Leave
- Please wait in the observation area for 15-30 minutes, as we monitor for any severe reactions, which are very rare.
- If you need a second dose, make sure to book your next appointment. You will need to bring your vaccination card with you.
- Take a picture of your card in case you forget it next time.
Share Your Vaccination Story
Beth Israel Lahey Health knows there are so many reasons to get vaccinated. Tell us about your experience and why you got your shot.
COVID-19 Vaccine Side Effects
Like all vaccines, minor side effects can be common after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, and they are a sign the vaccine is working. More severe side effects are very rare.
Safety After Vaccination
Vaccines help the body’s immune system fight the virus if you are exposed, but you may still be able to spread the virus even if you are not infected. It takes about two weeks after your final shot for the vaccine to become fully effective. After vaccination, be sure to:
- Continue social distancing
- Continue wearing a mask
- Continue washing your hands